I am a Medicaid client. What do I do if I am out-of-state and need to go to the doctor?

If you are temporarily out of the state but still a resident of Colorado, you may receive some Medicaid benefits under certain conditions:

  1. It is a medical emergency.
  2. Your health would be endangered if you were required to return to Colorado for the medical care/treatment.

The health care provider that treats you must enroll in the Colorado Medicaid Program. For more information health care providers should visit the Medicaid Provider Services page.

If you have questions about seeing a health care provider out of state, call the Medicaid Customer Contact Center at 1-800-221-3943 / State Relay: 711.  Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. (closed state holidays).