A number of options may be available to you:
- If your monthly income is below about $1,250 a month, you may newly qualify for Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program) beginning in January 2014. To find out if you qualify for free or low cost health insurance through Health First Colorado click here.
- If you make more than about $1,250 a month, then you may qualify for financial assistance to help you buy health insurance through the Connect for Heath Colorado marketplace. To find out if you qualify click here.
- If your parents have health insurance that offers dependent coverage, you can join (or stay on) their health insurance policy as a dependent and remain covered until your 26th birthday. Get more information.
- The Colorado Young Adult (CYA) plans are a new kind of health plan, designed primarily for adults under age 30, that provide limited benefits and are designed to protect customers from very high-cost emergencies. Get more information.
- Also, if you are a student, you may be able to enroll in student health offered through your college or university.